1) All photos must be taken at Zoo Miami, using the student’s own or a borrowed camera. Free student admission passes to Zoo Miami will be available at your school.
2) All photos must include at least one animal.
3) All photos must be the original work of the student. No reproductions of existing photos, copyrighted materials or the work of others may be submitted.
4) Students must create a title for their photo that reflects the artistic composition of the subject matter.
5) All entries must be accompanied by a signed Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form. CLICK HERE FOR SPANISH and CLICK HERE FOR ENGLISH to download this form.
6) Parents or guardians of the students who submit photos into the contest are asked to complete the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form. This form transfers all rights in and to the artwork, including ownership and copyrights, to Mercantil Commercebank. The artwork shall become the property of Mercantil Commercebank upon submission, to be used in such manner and for such purposes as the Bank deems appropriate.
7) Schools may choose to submit photos on behalf of students, or students may submit their photo entry into the contest by bringing it to any Mercantil Commercebank banking center.
8) No more than one entry per student.
9) Photos may be entered into the contest in one of four ways:
- The preferred method to submit photos is via email. Each entry must be submitted in a separate email message to: email@example.com. The email message must contain the title of the photo and attachments: 1) the photo 2) the Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form.
- Photo contest entries may be submitted on a CD. The CD must include the name of the student and the title of the photo. The CD must be accompanied by a Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form.
- Photo contest entries may be submitted on a flash drive. There must be a file on the flash drive with the name of the student and title of the photo. The flash drive must be accompanied by a Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form.
- Entries submitted on a CD or flash drive may be dropped off at any Mercantil Commercebank Banking Center.
Forms for the 2016 Zoolens℠ Photography Project are available as PDFs below. Each photo entry must be accompanied by a Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form. Please ensure you have filled in all the blanks and obtained all the required signatures before sending in your forms. All photo entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. EST on Monday, October 31, 2016.